Appel à candidatures- Local Facilitator
Job Description: Local Facilitator
The AFTURD is implementing as Project Partner No.5 the project “Co-producing social policies with Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) actors to fight poverty, inequality and social exclusion / MedTOWN”, which is funded under the EU cooperation programme ENI CBC MED 2014-2020. It´s main objective is firstly, to promote the co-production of social policies through the establishment of multi-stakeholders partnerships that will reinforce the role of SSE actors and secondly, to develop a joint policy and regulatory framework of ‘co-production’ of social services. The initiative is based on i) Action Research to support the design of effective public policies on the provision of social services, ii) on capacity building through training and the exchange of professionals, iii) on the demonstration of good “co-production practices” and iv) on the sub-granting of “pilot projects of co-production” of social services. The partnership of the project is composed by 9 partners and 7 associate partners from six countries: Spain, Greece, Portugal, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia.
In Tunisia, the project aims at scaling up the activities of the “Centre El Amen”, the first centre for Women Victims of Violence (WVV). Until today, mainly due to the scarce of economic resources and the lack of strategic impetus, the centre covers only the 1st phase of treatment for WVV, which is the therapeutic. During the implementation of the MedTOWN project, the AFTURD will try to cover the 2nd phase of transition, through the co-production model. The idea is to co-produce basic social housing services for women victims of gender-based violence (WVV), addressing the lack of positive mechanisms for their gradual socio-economic autonomy. Women will strengthen their capacities through multidisciplinary training, the promotion of a participatory environment, the improvement of their economic rights and their skills in order to become independent and autonomous. At political level, AFTURD, will initiate a series of awareness activities and studies on the legal framework of Social Solidarity Economy and the activation of the comprehensive law against gender violence. It will do so by utilising its networks and partners. Among them, the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) with its huge contribution to the development of the law SSE.
Within this context, AFTURD, is looking to hire a person as Local Facilitator.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Local Facilitator will be in charge of facilitating the training and the involvement the local social solidarity economy actors and more precisely those that are going to be involved in the design and the implementation of the demonstrative action and the pilot project. He/she will be responsible for receiving and transferring knowledge and skills from the partners countries to the local community for the sound development of the demonstrative action and pilot project
The main responsibilities will be the following:
- Establish communication with the WVV that are hosted the care center and relevant SSE actors, public and private bodies that can participate in the development of the demonstrative action of co-production
- Participate in the 2 Trainers of trainees (ToT) Co-Creation Workshops in Seville
- Transfer the knowledge and skills received to the local/national territory through the Nationals Workshops and assist the contracting authority in organising the events
- Work closely with the International Technical Support Team consisted by the BEN/ACPP, PARCs technical experts and Tier1 for the design and development of the demonstrative action
- Facilitate the creation of a Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) network at local/regional/national level
- Facilitate the design and implementation of co-production demonstrative action
- Facilitate the participation of the local/national stakeholders in the call of sub-grants and support SSE actors to develop co-production initiatives
- Participate in the 6 on-line discussions and 2 round tables by giving feedback on the implementation of demonstrative actions and pilot projects
Qualifications / Selection criteria
- Education relative to the objective and the activities of the project OR BA on Economic and Social Sciences
- Familiarity in Social Solidary Economy and its principles
- Qualification or proven professional experience in community building
- Familiarity with gender politics
- Fluency in English;
Other important skills to be considered as assets
- A degree in social and complementary currencies, political economy or sociology will be valued
- Ability to listen and observe
- Ability to motivate the participation of other people
- Communication capacity
- Fluency in at least one of the other ENI CBC MED languages;
Terms and conditions of employment – Location
Type of contract: work and / or service
- Day: 40 hours per week.
- Duration: at least 30 months
- Workplace : Tunis
- Salary: According to internal scale of the organization.
- Incorporation date: 15 June 2020
Applications – Application procedure – General Information for applicants
Interested persons shall send their CV, diplomas and cover letter by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2020 at midnight (Tunisia time)