Project coordinator- Appel à candidatures
Job Description: Project coordinator
The AFTURD is implementing as Project Partner No.5 the project “Co-producing social policies with Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) actors to fight poverty, inequality and social exclusion / MedTOWN”, which is funded under the EU cooperation programme ENI CBC MED 2014-2020. It´s main objective is firstly, to promote the co-production of social policies through the establishment of multi-stakeholders partnerships that will reinforce the role of SSE actors and secondly, to develop a joint policy and regulatory framework of ‘co-production’ of social services. The initiative is based on i) Action Research to support the design of effective public policies on the provision of social services, ii) on capacity building through training and the exchange of professionals, iii) on the demonstration of good “co-production practices” and iv) on the sub-granting of “pilot projects of co-production” of social services. The partnership of the project is composed by 9 partners and 7 associate partners from six countries: Spain, Greece, Portugal, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia.
In Tunisia, the project aims at scaling up the activities of the “Centre El Amen”, the first centre for Women Victims of Violence (WVV). Until today, mainly due to the scarce of economic resources and the lack of strategic impetus, the centre covers only the 1st phase of treatment for WVV, which is the therapeutic. During the implementation of the MedTOWN project, the AFTURD will try to cover the 2nd phase of transition, through the co-production model. The idea is to co-produce basic social housing services for women victims of gender-based violence (WVV), addressing the lack of positive mechanisms for their gradual socio-economic autonomy. Women will strengthen their capacities through multidisciplinary training, the promotion of a participatory environment, the improvement of their economic rights and their skills in order to become independent and autonomous. At political level, AFTURD, will initiate a series of awareness activities and studies on the legal framework of Social Solidarity Economy and the activation of the comprehensive law against gender violence. It will do so by utilising its networks and partners. Among them, the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) with its huge contribution to the development of the law SSE.
Within this context, AFTURD, is looking to hire a person as Project Coordinator.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will be in charge of the overall coordination and management of the project, at local and international level (cooperation with the other partners). He/she will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Overall day to day management and coordination of the project activities
- Sound financial management of the project at partner level
- Elaboration of narrative and financial reports as requested by the Lead Beneficiary (ACPP)
- Coordination of the project local team and monitoring of the implementing activities and results
- Communicate with the Lead Beneficiary and the project partners
- Participate in the project meetings and events as well as in workshops organised by the ENI MED programme or the national contact point of Spain, when necessary (travel costs will be covered by AFTURD)
- Prepare requests for modifications if necessary and communicate them to the Lead Beneficiary
Qualifications / Selection criteria
- Education relative to the objective and the activities of the project OR BA honors degree in Economic and Social Sciences
- Qualification or proven professional experience in management and coordination of cooperation projects;
- Outstanding organisational skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
- Good writing and editing skills;
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office and database software);
- Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines
- Familiarity with gender politics
- Fluency in English;
Other important skills to be considered as assets
- Familiarity with regulations and financial rules of EU-funded projects or programmes; preferably the ENI CBC MED Programme
- Past experience of working within a team in a European / international environment;
- Good knowledge of project management software and tools needed for progress reporting and monitoring
- Open-mindedness and resourcefulness; independence, but good team working abilities
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadline;
- Fluency in at least one of the other ENI CBC MED languages;
Terms and conditions of employment – Location
Type of contract: work and / or service
- Day: 40 hours per week.
- Duration: at least 30 months
- Workplace : Tunis
- Salary: According to internal scale of the organization.
- Incorporation date: 15 June 2020
Applications – Application procedure – General Information for applicants
- Interested persons shall send their CV, diplomas and cover letter by e-mail to :
- Closing date for applications: 20 May 2020 at midnight (Tunisia time)